Thursday, 21 January 2016

Day Four GM Detox Diet

Here we are at day four and I feel better than I did yesterday.
I enjoyed my dinner last night - cabbage, broccoli and tomatoes stirfried in some vegetable oil and toasted sesame oil, with chilli flakes. You're allowed to use a little oil and butter, so I've been saving it for my vegetable meals. I stirfried it for ages until the cabbage went crispy, it was really tasty.

Today it's bananas, milk, and soup. 
I had a banana and cup of warm skimmed milk for breakfast, I've just had a bowl of the vegetable soup - recipe below - for my lunch, mid afternoon I'll have a banana milkshake, and dinner is soup and a banana.
My headache has gone and I'm not light-headed anymore.

It's quite a restricted detox, but I haven't found it hard to do. I'm not really craving anything either...yet!
The only drawback is I'm really cold. It's freezing down here in Devon anyway, but the lack of carbs and protein is making it worse. A good excuse to stay snuggled up in bed ;)

I can have beef tomorrow...yippee! It has to be either a piece of steak or a burger, with tomatoes, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm not much of a meat eater usually, but I'll need the protein, so I'll eat a bit. Not sure how I feel about steak for breakfast though!

Here's the soup recipe for anyone that wants it. You can eat as much of this as you like, but I stick to having it for meals. 

3 onions - it said 6 but I halved some of the ingredients as I didn't want to make too much.
A bunch of celery.
2 green peppers.
1/2 a green cabbage - it said 1 cabbage but again I felt that was too much.
A large tin of tomatoes.
Chicken stock and water.
Salt and pepper.

Chop all the veg and soften in a large pan before adding the chicken stock, seasoning and enough water - depending on your preferred consistency. Simmer for at least 45 minutes. I did mine for an hour.
Either serve as it is, or blend to a smooth soup. I prefer my soup thickish and smooth so I blended it.

It's a bit bland, but I've got a garlic and herb grinder, so I put some of that in it, which gave it some taste. You can add chilli too.

That's all for today, I'll post again tomorrow x






1 comment: